When you head down the grocery aisle, you might be overwhelmed to see all the brands of yogurt out there! No doubt you don’t spend countless hours reading labels, but would appreciate knowing the best picks when it comes to this creamy, gut loving, deliciousness!
This post may contain affiliate links to products and services we know are of high quality and will bring you value. This means we will be paid a small fee if you click and buy from our site, at no additional cost to you. By doing so, you’ll help us continue to develop affordable, quality online cancer programs. Thank you!
Biggest tips when purchasing yogurt?
- Go non-fat. You don’t need the extra fat.
- Go low sugar. Start with plain yogurt (no added sugars) and doll it up yourself.
- Go live cultures. Look for the “Live and Active Culture” seal on the label.
So what brands are best when it comes to plain yogurt?
- Stonyfield Farms Organic 0% Fat Smooth and Creamy (silky smooth, great for recipes)
- Fage 0% Greek Yogurt (very rich and full-bodied)
- Siggi’s 0% Skyr (packs a higher protein punch)
Want some fun, quick recipes using plain yogurt?
- Dish up 2 cups plain yogurt and top with 1- 8 oz can of mandarin oranges in juice, 1 medium banana sliced, 1 cup sliced strawberries. Drizzle a touch of honey over the top if you’d like a bit more sweetness.
- Toast up Van’s whole grain multigrain waffles and top with ½ cup plain yogurt and ½ cup fresh blueberries. A great breakfast when you are in a hurry!
- Blenderize 1 cup plain yogurt with frozen blackberries and a touch of honey. Scoop into a bowl and enjoy.
Looking for dairy-free products?
- Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- Organic EdenSoy Unsweetened Soy Milk
- Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- Forager Project Unsweetened Plain Yogurt (made with cashew milk)
- Kite Hill Plain Yogurt (made with almond milk)
- Nancy’s Plain Soy Yogurt (made with soy milk)